Registry study to gather more information on the current use of Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview (BLCC) in urologists' practices.
Data will be captured on specific patient types undergoing Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview
for known or suspected non-muscle invasive bladder cancer. Specific clinical questions will
1. What is the incremental detection rate with Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview over
conventional white light cystoscopy in each of the seven (7) patient populations? Does
this translate into lower recurrence/progression rate?
2. How do the six (6) tumor variables used in the European Association of Urology (EAU)
risk tables (primary/secondary, recurrence rate, size, multifocality, grade, and history
of carcinoma in situ (CIS))6 affect this incremental rate?
3. How does an abnormal cytology or positive or negative fluorescent in situ hybridization
(FISH) affect the likelihood that Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview will detect more
cancers than white light?
4. What are the performance characteristics of Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview within
eight (8) weeks of Bacillus Calmette-Guérin (BCG) with respect to improved tumor
detection and false positive rate compared to conventional white light cystoscopy?
5. What is the incremental Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview detection rate over random
bladder biopsies alone in patients being evaluated for routine three month restaging
(group 4) or occult disease (group 5)?
6. What are the performance characteristics of Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview after
repeated Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview evaluations with respect to improved tumor
detection, false positive rate and safety compared to conventional white light?
7. Does an abnormal urinalysis help identify patients with inflammation more likely to have
false positive Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview results?
8. What is the practical learning curve for becoming proficient" with Blue Light
Cystoscopy with Cysview?
9. What is the overall false positive rate with Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview?
10. Can Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview make the resection more complete? If yes, is this
due to improved margins and/or additional tumors seen under blue light?
The Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview Registry is a web-based program supported by Global
Vision Technologies. Data will be captured longitudinally over five (5) years on patients
from each enrolled site. Each center will enter their respective site's patient data
|Overal Status||Start Date||Phase||Study Type|
|Recruiting||Start Date: April 2014||Observational [Patient Registry]|
Primary Outcome 1 - Measure: Rate of detection of bladder malignancies with Blue Light Cystoscopy with Cysview versus white light cystoscopy alone.
Primary Outcome 1 - Time Frame: 5 years
- Adult >18 years old
- Suspected or known non-muscle invasive bladder cancer on the basis of a prior
- Gross hematuria
- Known hypersensitivity to hexaminolevulinate or aminolevulinate derivatives
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Healthy Volunteers: No
Name: Siamak Daneshmand, MD
Role: Principal Investigator
Affiliation: University of Southern California
Name: Hong Tran
Phone: (609) 759 6500
|USC/Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center
Los Angeles, California 90033
|VA Palo Alto Health Care System
Palo Alto, California 94304
|University of California, San Francisco
San Francisco, California 94143
Sima Porten, MD, MPH
|University of Kansas Medical Center
Kansas City, Kansas 66160
|Johns Hopkins Medicine
Baltimore, Maryland 21224
Morgan De Carli
|University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55455
|Stony Brook Urology
Stony Brook, New York 11794
|Cincinnati VA Medical Center
Cincinnati, Ohio 45220
|Not yet recruiting||
Krishnanath Gaitonde, MD
|Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
Columbus, Ohio 43210
Kamal Pohar, MD
|Carolina Urology Partners
West Columbia, South Carolina 29169
Dallas, Texas 75390
|Not yet recruiting||
Yair Lotan, MD
|Michael E. DeBakey VA Medical Center
Houston, Texas 77030
Ashley Jones, BS, CCRP
|Charleston Area Medical Center
Charleston, West Virginia 25301
James Tierney, DO