This is a single-arm, prospective, interventional study in cancer survivors and patients to examine the feasibility of a mobile health application, Elly (Elly Health Inc.), to reduce levels of anxiety, stress, loneliness, and social isolation. Participants will be given access to the Elly phone application developed by Elly Health Inc. and will be asked to complete questionnaires measuring quality of life at multiple timepoints during the study.
|Overal Status||Start Date||Phase||Study Type|
|Recruiting||December 2, 2020||N/A||Interventional|
Primary Outcome 1 - Measure: Absolute change in patient-reported anxiety scores at Day 30 compared with baseline.
Primary Outcome 1 - Time Frame: 30 days
- Diagnosis of cancer of any type and currently receiving cancer-targeted treatment or
have received cancer-targeted treatment within 6 months of consent date based on
self-report. Cancer-targeted treatment includes chemotherapy, radiation therapy,
hormonal therapy, biologic therapy, immunotherapy, and surgery.
- 18 years or older
- Access to and ability to use an iPhone (SE+, iOS 12.4+)
- Ability to understand and read English
- Have an understanding, ability, and willingness to fully comply with study procedures
- Hearing loss or vision impairment that would preclude the participant from accessing and
using the app (use of hearing aids or visual aids is acceptable) based on self-report.
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Healthy Volunteers: No
Name: Gillian Gresham, PhD
Role: Principal Investigator
Affiliation: Cedars-Sinai Medical Center