The study will determine the recommended Phase 2 dose (RP2D) of ABBV-151 administered as monotherapy and in combination with ABBV-181 as well as to assess the safety, pharmacokinetics (PK), and preliminary efficacy of ABBV-151 alone and in combination with ABBV-181. The study will consist of 2 phases: dose escalation and dose expansion.
|Overal Status||Start Date||Phase||Study Type|
|Recruiting||February 21, 2019||Phase 1||Interventional|
Primary Outcome 1 - Measure: Dose Escalation: Recommended Phase 2 Dose (RP2D) ABBV-151 Monotherapy
Primary Outcome 1 - Time Frame: Up to 28 days after the first dose of ABBV-151 monotherapy
Primary Outcome 2 - Measure: Dose Escalation: RP2D ABBV-151 + ABBV-181 Combination Therapy
Primary Outcome 2 - Time Frame: Up to 28 days after the first dose of ABBV-151 and ABBV-181 combination therapy
Primary Outcome 3 - Measure: Dose Expansion: Objective Response Rate (ORR)
Primary Outcome 3 - Time Frame: Up to approximately 6 months after the first dose date of last participant in Dose Expansion
- For Dose Escalation only: Subjects with an advanced solid tumor who are considered
refractory to or intolerant of all existing therapy(ies) known to provide a clinical
benefit for their condition. Additionally, subjects who have been offered standard
therapies and refused, or who are considered ineligible for standard therapies, may be
eligible for this study on a case-by-case basis, after discussion with and agreement
from the sponsor. Subjects with triple-negative breast cancer (TNBC), pancreatic
adenocarcinoma, urothelial cancer, Hepatocellular carcinoma (HCC), or Head and neck
squamous cell carcinoma (HNSCC) who are being considered for the dose escalation
cohorts must also meet the histology specific eligibility criteria described below for
- For Dose Expansion only subjects must meet criteria specific to the type of cancer:
- TNBC - Female or male subjects with confirmed breast adenocarcinoma that is
ER-negative, PR-negative, and HER2-negative, (as defined per American Society of
Clinical Oncology [ASCO]/College of American Pathology [CAP] guidelines), who must
have disease progression during or after at least 1 systemic therapy that included a
taxane in the metastatic or recurrent setting.
- Pancreatic adenocarcinoma and have disease progression during or after 1 systemic
therapy (gemcitabine monotherapy or in combination with other agents, FOLFIRINOX [or
another regimen including both 5-fluorouracil and oxaliplatin], capecitabine
monotherapy or in combination with other agents) administered in the adjuvant, locally
advanced, or metastatic setting. If the therapy was used in an adjuvant setting,
disease progression must have occurred within 6 months of completing adjuvant therapy.
- Urothelial cancer of the bladder and urinary tract and must have progressed following
treatment with a platinum-based regimen (administered in any line of therapy) and a
programmed death 1/programmed death ligand 1 (PD1/PDL1) antagonist administered in the
recurrent or metastatic setting (progression following a PD1/PDL1 antagonist is
defined as unequivocal progression on or within 3 months of the last dose of anti-PD1
or anti-PDL1 therapy).
- HCC and must have disease progression during or after 1 prior line of systemic
- HNSCC (arising from the oral cavity, oropharynx, hypopharynx, or larynx) and must have
progressed following treatment with platinum-based regimen (administered in any line
of therapy) and a PD1/PDL1 antagonist administered in the recurrent or metastatic
setting (progression following a PD1/PDL1 antagonist is defined as unequivocal
progression on or within 3 months of the last dose of anti-PD1 or anti-PDL1 therapy).
- Subject has an Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group (ECOG) Performance Status of 0 to 1.
- Subject has adequate bone marrow, renal, hepatic, and coagulation function. Must have
a viral status consistent with the requirements described in the protocol specific to
type of cancer and stage of study (Dose Escalation or Dose Expansion).
- For Dose Expansion only: All subjects, except for subjects with urothelial cancer or
HNSCC, must not have had prior exposure to immunotherapies as listed in the protocol.
- Has received anticancer therapy including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, radiation
therapy, biologic, herbal therapy, or any investigational therapy within a period of 5
half-lives or 28 days (whichever is shorter), prior to the first dose of the study
- Subject has no unresolved AEs > Grade 1 from prior anticancer therapy except for
- Has a history of primary immunodeficiency, bone marrow transplantation, solid organ
transplantation, or previous clinical diagnosis of tuberculosis.
- Has a known uncontrolled metastases to the central nervous system (with certain
- Current or prior use of immunosuppressive medication within 14 days prior to the first
dose of the study drug.
Minimum Age: 18 Years
Maximum Age: N/A
Healthy Volunteers: No
Name: AbbVie Inc.
Role: Study Director
Name: ABBVIE CALL CENTER
|Yale University /ID# 208356
New Haven, Connecticut 06510
|Indiana Univ School Medicine /ID# 208384
Indianapolis, Indiana 46202
|Not yet recruiting|
|Carolina BioOncology Institute /ID# 208358
Huntersville, North Carolina 28078
|NEXT Oncology /ID# 208930
San Antonio, Texas 78229
|Chris O'Brien Lifehouse /ID# 213236
Camperdown, New South Wales 2050
|Not yet recruiting|
|Princess Margaret Cancer Centre /ID# 209423
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2M9
|Sheba Medical Center /ID# 209037
Ramat Gan, 5262100
|National Cancer Center Hospital /ID# 209421
Chuo-ku, Tokyo 104-0045